Join us as we celebrate our Open House and Ribbon Cutting
Wednesday, December 4th,
4pm Open House 4:30 Ribbon Cutting
We rely on the generosity of this great community to make the Teddy Bear Den a successful organization. Contact us to donate.
Thank you to our wonderful sponsors for their continued support. If you would like to become a sponsor, contact us.
Jeff and Linda Erickson
Tom and Barb Everist
Dr. Charles and Diane Flohr
Les and Cheri Heddleston
Steve and Kathy Sanford
What We Do
The Teddy Bear Den has been instrumental in establishing a program that encourages local low income pregnant women to put themselves and the health of their children at the top of their list. Our mission is to promote healthier pregnancies, healthier babies and healthier families. The Den promotes family bonding and offers incentive items, resources and referrals to community services; this is a key opportunity to educate mothers about health matters related to themselves, their babies and their families.
The Den has seven main objectives to carry out our project and mission.
1. Promote early and regular prenatal care.
2. Ensure that babies and toddlers receive proper well baby care and immunizations.
3. Advocate educational programs relating to parenting, nutrition, health and personal living skills to improve parenting skills and birth outcomes.
4. Decrease the number of babies born with preventable birth defects, including fetal alcohol syndrome and low birth weight.
5. Increase the number of area women making healthy lifestyle choices such as not smoking, drinking or using drugs.
6. Support new mothers and families at a time when support is critical to their families and babies.
7. Offer special incentives for women choosing to give their children up for adoption to encourage them to also seek a healthy lifestyle for themselves and their child.